Hello Parents! Please check out the news and updates below! Thanks also to those of you who mailed me about helping with our Halloween Party. I will be sending out an email soon to those who have expressed interest to help with games, activities and small snacks. I am looking forward to a fun afternoon!
- Join other Georgetown families for Culver’s Fundraiser Night – Monday, Oct. 16, from 5-8!
- Fifth grade Halloween parties will be on Friday, Oct. 27 from 2:15-3:15. Watch our blog for specific details!
A gentle reminder that the Walk-a-thon fundraiser money is due tomorrow! Every dollar counts to help our school with field trips, library books, technology, classroom supplies etc. Thank you in advance! 🙂
Let us celebrate! The past two days we have reach outstanding or higher on our whole class behavior chart!!!!!! 🙂 What awesome kids are in Georgetown Room 305! 🙂
Fractions concepts – equivalency, comparing fractions
- Establishing reader’s and writer’s workshop.
- Home reading expectations will start on Monday; students will need parent signatures/initials on their reading logs.
The Walkathon is coming up and is our primary fundraiser for the year and will consist of two times for different grades. The event schedule for Friday, September 22nd is as follows:
- 9:45a.m. – 10:30 a.m.:, Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade
The parent club is looking for parent participation and volunteers for setup and teardown. If you are interested in helping out, look for information coming home with your child.
We have had a wonderful three days getting to know each other! What amazing kids you have…I am looking forward to growing together as a community through out the school year! 🙂
On Wednesday the students brought home a take home folder with a filled out agenda. We will be filling this out together every day. Please support your child and review this nightly to see what curriculum was covered and if there is any homework to be completed.
Have a great long weekend!