This would be a wonderful way for the students to stay up on skills over the summer. Below are the instructions to access Moby Max.
Mobymax is an online learning tool that Georgetown utilizes to support math facts, math skills, reading, and much more. Mobymax can be used on a laptop, desktop, tablet/iPad or smartphone.
LOGIN Instructions for LAPTOP or home computer:
Open a browser (safari, firefox or google chrome. Type one of the following into the browser address bar:
- Go to www.mobymax.com/mi1457
- Go to mobymax.com and enter mi1457 in for the school code.
- Go to mobymax.com and select Georgetown Elementary — scroll to Hudsonville, MI.
- Go to the blog and click on the MOBYMAX whale.
LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS for tablets/smartphones:
- Open safari
- Type www.MobyMax.com/signin in the URL address bar.
- Select student. Type mi1457 into the school code box.
- Click the “Action Icon.” This is the box with the arrow icon pointing up at the bottom of the window.
- Click “Add to Home Screen.” This is a grey square icon with plus sign.
- Enter the name “MobyMax” and click “Add.”
- A MobyMax icon will now appear on your home screen.
Once you are onto the MOBYMAX site, there are three view options that pop up.
- Star: Incentives, goals that MOBYMAX is offering.
- Books: Learning Area (Number Sense, Fact Fluency, Reading Trio, etc.)
- Arrow: Progress icon (purple), Messages from the teacher, Vibes – good messages from the teacher, etc.
FACT FLUENCY: First time on, each child takes a placement test. Addition is the first fact to be tested and mastered, followed by subtraction, followed by multiplication and then division. Each child should spend 5 minutes a day on MATH FACT practice.
- Each fact appears for six seconds.
- If the right answer is entered, a new problem appears.
- If the wrong answer is entered, time is allowed for a correction.
- The five-minute fact test is broken into 5 one minute sprints.
- At the end of each sprint, a progress update is provided.
- Overall progress can be checked via the PROGRESS ICON.
Green = mastered. Yellow = Tricky Fact.
Reading Lessons: MOBYMAX also has reading modules that work together to reinforce reading skills. Your child’s teacher will tell you which area should be the focus for your child.
Content Lessons: MOBYMAX also has other learning modules for your child to keep active as a learner over the summer.