After many days off and then a two hour delay this morning, I was so glad to see your children’s smiling faces this morning! I will provide the usual weekly update later this week, but I wanted to give you some information on some upcoming events.
- Fifth grade camp will be here before we know it! We are looking for parents who would be interested in chaperoning at camp. Today your child should bring home a sheet detailing the dates of camp and expectations of chaperones. If you are interested in being a chaperone for camp, please follow the instructions on the sheet which is coming home today.
- Valentine’s Day is next Thursday.
- In fifth grade, we do not do parties for Valentine’s Day.
- We will have an optional Valentine exchange. If your child chooses to participate, please have him or her bring a Valentine for each student in the class (28).
- We will decorate bags to use to gather our Valentines, so there is no need to create a box or container to send in.