Counselors from Baldwin Street Middle School visited our fifth grade classroom today to talk with students about course selection for next year. A pink course selection sheet is coming home today.
- All students take four core classes: ELA, science, social studies, and math.
- Students can choose from a variety of exploratory options to fit their interests or their needs for additional support or challenge in specific content areas.
- Students received course selection sheets. These must be filled out and returned to your child’s teacher with a parent/guardian’s signature by Friday, March 23.
- For a more complete explanation of exploratory options, including course descriptions and promotional videos, see the BMS Counseling page. You can find a video explaining the option if you click on the name of the exploratory course.
- If you have questions or need more information, please contact Baldwin Street Middle School at (616)669-7750 or contact one of the counselors:
Music staff from the middle school also visited this morning to fit students for instruments.
- Students had the opportunity to try out some different band and orchestra instruments.
- Your child will be bringing home information about these programs.
Report cards will be sent home with students at the end of the day on Monday, March 12. I will have an extra copy of each child’s report card at conferences for those parents who may not have a chance to look over the report card prior to their scheduled conference time. I look forward to speaking with you at conferences.
Conferences – We are looking forward to meeting with you at conferences.
March 15 – Instrument fittings….Teachers from the middle school will be coming to Georgetown; they will bring band and orchestra instruments here to have the students try them out.
School Safety Request from Mr. Cooley
- If your child is a safety, please check at home for any brightly-colored safety belts that may be around. We need those to rotate to new safeties each week. Thank you!
Below is information regarding the M-Step testing dates for the students at Georgetown.
Grades 3-5 have been doing state test preparation (M-STEP
). This is a required test and it will take place in the weeks immediately following spring break.
Please make sure you look ahead on your family calendar (Gr 3,4,5) to make sure that your child is at school on the days listed. Please change any appointments so they do not occur the mornings of testing.
Also, provide extra nutritional snacks on the testing days, along with a water bottle — and adequate sleep during the testing period.
Testing takes place between 9-12 on these dates:
- Grade 5 April 10, 11, 12, 17
- Grade 4 May 8, 9, 10
- Grade 3 April 24, 25, 26
Just a reminder that we have a few more donation slots to fill for our Valentine’s Day supplies. Please see the link below. Thank you in advance for donations! 🙂
We will NOT need parent volunteers for our activity, but we will be asking for snack donations. Please follow this link to sign up for Valentine’s Day!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/login/entry/10669963268589780122
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!