- Upcoming Dates for 5th Grade
- Information was sent home with students regarding a health lesson to be presented in PE. Please be sure to take a few minutes read over these materials.
- If you would like to visit Camp Henry while we are at camp, you are required to have a background check completed prior to May 16. Details about visiting will be explained during our May 4th meeting. Background Check Link
Math: We have begun Unit 8 which covers measurement and geometry.
Social Studies: We are wrapping up our final social studies unit, A New Nation. Test will be on Tuesday, May 10; study guides were sent home earlier in the week.
ELA: We are working on writing persuasive essays
Science: We will be finishing up the Solar System Unit with an assessment next Tuesday, May 10th.
6th grade course selections sheets are coming home today and will be due back to me by Friday, April 15. Please go over the front and back of this sheet very carefully with your son/daughter because there are a lot of areas to sign and check to make sure your child gets the classes they would like. If you have any questions please let me know. Have a great evening!
If you are looking for something to do over spring break, I have an idea for at least 120 minutes of your time off: Learning! All students whospends 120 MINUTES or MORE engaged in reading or online learning
(120 total minutes over all the days of break), will be entered into a drawing for a $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD.
Online Options: MOBYMAX (ALL GRADES), STUDY ISLAND (Gr 3-5), RAZ KIDS (Gr PK-2), MATHFACTSPRO (Gr 1-5).
Reading Options: Listen to an audio book or a REAL PERSON READ or JUST READ on your own.
Did you know that listening to a story stimulates children’s imaginations and emotions, exposes children to rich language patterns, new vocabulary words and a variety of texts? If you need ideas for great family friendly audio books, check the GEEKMOM / GEEKDAD Blog. This is a great idea if your child struggles to stay focused reading or if you are in the car traveling.
If you read or listen to a book, enter your total minutes here.
We will be having a science assessment tomorrow, Wednesday, March 30th on the body systems. A review sheet came home today to help prepare for this test! Have fun studying! 🙂
We will be having a social studies test over the Revolutionary War on Friday, March 25th. A review sheet came home on Wednesday to study for this test. Happy Studying!
- Upcoming Dates for 5th Grade
- On Thursday, March 31 at 2:00, fifth graders will view the reproductive health video.
- Please see email sent last week for specific details.
- If you wish to preview the videos, they will be available for parent review between March 15 and March 24. Videos must be watched at the school. If you want to review these, schedule a time with Mrs. VandenBerg, our librarian. Her email: email@example.com
- If you DO NOT want your child to view the video with the grade level gender group, contact your child’s teacher. You will need to make arrangements to pick your child up early (before 2 pm) on March 31.