6th grade course selections sheets are coming home today and will be due back to me by Friday, April 15. Please go over the front and back of this sheet very carefully with your son/daughter because there are a lot of areas to sign and check to make sure your child gets the classes they would like. If you have any questions please let me know. Have a great evening!
If you are looking for something to do over spring break, I have an idea for at least 120 minutes of your time off: Learning! All students whospends 120 MINUTES or MORE engaged in reading or online learning
(120 total minutes over all the days of break), will be entered into a drawing for a $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD.
Online Options: MOBYMAX (ALL GRADES), STUDY ISLAND (Gr 3-5), RAZ KIDS (Gr PK-2), MATHFACTSPRO (Gr 1-5).
Reading Options: Listen to an audio book or a REAL PERSON READ or JUST READ on your own.
Did you know that listening to a story stimulates children’s imaginations and emotions, exposes children to rich language patterns, new vocabulary words and a variety of texts? If you need ideas for great family friendly audio books, check the GEEKMOM / GEEKDAD Blog. This is a great idea if your child struggles to stay focused reading or if you are in the car traveling.
If you read or listen to a book, enter your total minutes here.
We will be having a science assessment tomorrow, Wednesday, March 30th on the body systems. A review sheet came home today to help prepare for this test! Have fun studying! 🙂
We will be having a social studies test over the Revolutionary War on Friday, March 25th. A review sheet came home on Wednesday to study for this test. Happy Studying!
- Upcoming Dates for 5th Grade
- On Thursday, March 31 at 2:00, fifth graders will view the reproductive health video.
- Please see email sent last week for specific details.
- If you wish to preview the videos, they will be available for parent review between March 15 and March 24. Videos must be watched at the school. If you want to review these, schedule a time with Mrs. VandenBerg, our librarian. Her email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you DO NOT want your child to view the video with the grade level gender group, contact your child’s teacher. You will need to make arrangements to pick your child up early (before 2 pm) on March 31.
Students will be having an open note science quiz tomorrow over the respiratory and circulatory body systems. They are bringing home two review sheets to study tonight.
The students will have a quiz on Wednesday over the digestive system. A packet to study will be coming home today to use as a review. PLEASE have students return this packet to school tomorrow as we will continue to use it for other systems. Have fun digesting this information with your child! 😉
Monday is a day off for students. If you are looking for something to do, go to one of our online learning sites and earn minutes to enter a drawing for gift cards.
All students (Pk-5) who spend 30 minutes online learning will be entered into a drawing for a $10 BOOK FAIR GIFT CARD. One winner for each grade will receive a gift card. You may spend the money as you choose at the Book Fair. If you spend 60 minutes online, your name will be entered twice. This doubles your chances of earning a gift card.
All students (PK-5) who spend 60 minutes or more online learning will be entered into a drawing for a $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD. Remember…the minutes can be earned across all the different learning sites. So time spent learning – even if it is on more than one online site, adds up!
Links to our online learning sites are below.
RAZ KIDS Gr K-2
MOBYMAX Grades PK-5 (school code mi1457)
- PK and K: Work on NUMBERS or EARLY READING Trio; Grades 1-5: Fact Fluency, Math, Reading TRIO, Science, Social Studies
STUDY ISLAND Grades 3-5