Mrs. Totten, our incredible STEAM STUDIO teacher, has been selected as one of the Air Zoo’s Science Innovation Hall of Fame Educator Excellence Awardees!
Mrs. Totten excels as a teacher who implements curriculum that grows passionate learners. Students in her classroom utilize Project Lead the Way materials — and their K-5 participation grows each student into an innovative, creative designer and problem solver.
We feel honored to work with Mrs. Totten every day — and as a staff, we are thrilled that she is being recognized!
If you would like a sneak peak into the Mrs. Totten’s classroom, check out her STEAM STUDIO BLOG.
We are SO CLOSE to meeting our needed sign up to get $500 worth of PE EQUIPMENT!
We just need 26 more kids…that is one student per class.
This does not involve money — it simply involves registering and committing to taking care of your heart through exercise and diet.
Click on the following link to view our Georgetown Elementary PE fun! 🙂 Here you go…. Hockey Game Blog Post
We have another SNOW DAY today. Please encourage your child to do at least 30 minutes of learning (see below). Thanks to our AMAZING PTC (made possible by your WALK•A•THON Donations), $10 Barnes and Noble Gift Card (one per grade) will be given to randomly drawn students.
AND EXTRA special INCENTIVE:
Mrs. Reagan will throw pizza party for the classroom that has the MOST PARTICIPANTS in SNOW DAY LEARNING. She will look at who has participated over all the snow days (last Friday, today …. and maybe other days this week) and the class with the most students who participate will get a PRINCIPAL PIZZA PARTY!
Options for learning:
- Read a book or two or three. ONLINE Learning record for reading minutes.
- Learning on MOBYMAX or RAZ-KIDS through Clever.com:
- Log into https://clever.com/in/hpseagles
- Select log into other google account.
- Type in district username followed by @hpsstudents.net
- Type in password – if your child doesn’t remember the password, choose TIME TO READ instead — or email me, the teacher!
- Select Elementary Apps
- Find MOBYMAX OR RAZ KIDS….get started!
Students have until 5 pm tonight to participate.
Throughout the year, we have many discussions and teachable moments around the topic of bullying. This week, we will be focusing on specific ways that students can respond if they see or experience bullying behavior. Click here to see the slideshow used as a guide for classroom discussions this week.
- Fall party will be on Wednesday, Oct. 31 from 2:15-3:15. Mrs. Reagan has sent out a notice that parents are welcome to come and HELP only! Sorry, otherwise there is not enough space in the classrooms!
- Thank you in advance to those of you have volunteered your time and/or items for our party! You may send in your donated items prior to the party date. However, if you signed up to bring the ice cream….please bring that at the time of the party.
I had a question about masks as students prepare for Halloween. See below for guidelines outlined by Mrs. Reagan:
- NO MASKS during the school day, only for the party. This means no masks in the hallway or on the bus loop or on the playground.
- Party time masks: Only if they are NOT SCARY. Who determines if they are scary – I do! If there is a mask I believe might be too scary for others to see, it should NOT be brought to school. Masks that are nice/friendly can only be worn during the class party!