WELCOME TO FIFTH GRADE! We are going to have such an amazing year together! I can’t wait to meet you and come together as a class! 🙂
While you are on my blog, be sure to sign up for email updates. You can sign up in the upper right corner of this blog where it says “Subscribe by Email.” Once you enter your email address and register, you will receive notifications of my blog posts.
It is important that you subscribe to the class blog. Our class blog will be the site for information about school supplies, curriculum, assessments, and much more. A school supply list will be posted on July 1.
Have a safe and happy summer and I’ll see you in August at our Open House!
The school year has flown by and now our 5th graders are ready to soar in middle school! I want to thank you for sharing your children with me through out the school year. It has been a blessing to have these children as part of my daily life!
Also, thank you so much for the volunteerism and donations for our class this year. We truly could not have had all the activities if we hadn’t had such great support.
Have a safe, healthy, and happy summer! I will miss you!
We had an amazing time at Camp Henry. Click here to watch a video of our fun adventure!
These and more photos can be viewed and downloaded from SmugMug here.
Tomorrow is our district wide field day! Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day. A few reminders:
- If your child did not pre-order a sack lunch, please send a labeled lunch in a disposable container.
- Have your child bring a water bottle.
- Boys wear a blue t-shirt
- Girls wear a neon yellow t-shirt
- Apply sun screen before school.
- Dress according to the weather…it might be chiller in the morning.
*Friday, May 25th, the fifth graders will be going to Craig’s Cruisers. We will be gone from Georgetown between 10:00-2:00. Fifth graders wear your 2025 t-shirts! 🙂
* A sack lunch form for field day (June 5th..rain date June 6th) was sent home today. If your child needs a sack lunch for field day the form is due back no later than Tuesday, May 29th.
Hello parents! Hopefully, your child came back from camp exhausted and full of lots of stories of our adventures! What a wonderful couple days filled with excellent weather, activities, and laughs! I would like to shout a HUGE thank you to our chaperones who came along and helped monitor, encourage and support your children to have the best time at camp! So…THANK YOU TO:
- Mrs. Miedema
- Mrs. Palmer
- Mrs. Smit
- Mr. Banninga
- Mr. Denhof
- Mr. Impens
- Mr. Pfeffer
Your assistance with head counts, up-hill hikes, gear hauling, encouragement to kids, and your sacrifice of a sleepless night helped make this year’s camp a massive success!
Please note some important things coming up!
- Wednesday, May 23 – Social Studies Test-Study our foldable study guide
- Friday, May 25 – 5th-grade Celebration at Craig’s Cruisers! We will be away from the building from approximately 10:00-2:00 on Friday! Today, a release form came home that we need back no later than WEDNESDAY, MAY 23!
On Friday, May 25th the Georgetown 5th graders will be going to Craig’s Cruisers to celebrate the end of their elementary years. We would love to have some parent chaperones join us at Craig’s Cruisers. Please visit the link below to sign up for this fun filled event.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: parent chaperone for celebration
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Math: We are continuing working through Measurement and Geometry.
ELA: We are working on units in reading and writing on Research-Based Argument Essays.
Social Studies: Unit 7 – A New Nation
Science: We will continue to investigate the patterns and relationships between our Sun, Moon, and Earth.
- May 11 – Early Release
- May 15 – Camp plan for pick up due (Pink Half-Sheet)
- May 15 – Let your child’s teacher know if you will be visiting during the day at Camp
- May 17-18 – 5th Grade Camp
- May 25 – **Fifth grade celebration
We received an OUTSTANDING from Mrs. Reagan recognizing Megan Brandt for following Georgetown’s motto of Be Nice* Work Hard* Learn Well. Great job, Megan!
Hello parents! Spring has finally sprung! It’s about time! I cannot believe that we are going into May next week! We have a lot of exciting things coming up, including getting ready for camp! Be mindful of an important meeting for camp coming up next week Wednesday, May 2nd at 6:00 PM in the GES multipurpose room. Aside from that excitement, we are working through more curriculum content and focusing on some more of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Students as we continue towards the end of the school year. Never a dull moment in fifth grade!
We will be starting Unit 8: Measurement and Geometry.
We are starting units in reading and writing about Research-Based, Argument Essays.
We will continue exploring the scientific phenomenon around forces and motion.
- May 2 – WEDNESDAY EVENING @ 6:00 PM! Parent information meeting for fifth-grade camp in the Georgetown Elementary multi-purpose room!
- May 10 – Jet’s Pizza Night
- May 11 – Early Release
- May 17-18 – 5th Grade Camp
We received an OUTSTANDING from Mrs. Reagan recognizing Joshua Banninga for following Georgetown’s motto of Be Nice* Work Hard* Learn Well. Great job, Joshua! 🙂