REMEMBER Thursday, 2/8/18 is JET’s PIZZA NIGHT
Would LOVE to have our class win! Get a pizza and tell them your child is in Mrs. Walenta’s Class at Georgetown! 🙂
Please take time to sign up to donate an item for our holiday party on Dec. 22nd. Thank you in advance. Walenta (5th Gr) Holiday Party
An important note from Mrs. Bretz….Each 5th grader needs to bring in a flashlight to use at the holiday program. Please send these to school with the students to practice with and use at the program next week. 🙂
- Thanksgiving break will be from Wed. November 22-Sunday, November 26th. Enjoy your family time!
- There will be no reading log due on November 27th. I want the kids to enjoy the time off with family and friends. 🙂
Today was our first very cold day, and many students were not dressed warm enough for outdoor recess. The students will go outside for recess every day unless it is raining or below zero. Please make sure your child has warm clothes for recess at everyday school. Thank you.
- Fifth grade Halloween parties will be on Friday, Oct. 27 from 2:15-3:15
- Please send in any donations for the party by Wednesday, October 25th. Thank you! 🙂
Below is the link to sign up for donations for our party.
- The fundraiser for 5th grade activities is on going. The Goodies Factory orders and payment are due Monday, Oct. 30. This information was blogged and sent home with the students on Thursday.
- We are wrapping up Unit 2: Addition and Subtraction with Decimals.
- Students have participated in book clubs and are gathering evidence to write a literary essay analyzing a character.
- We are investigating how organisms affect the Great Lakes.
COLLECT BOX TOPS & COKE CAPS
Did you know that every BOXTOP and every COKE CAP collected earns money for our school? This summer we would like you to work hard to collect both. The money we earn will go toward a basketball hoop on our K/1 playground!
BOXTOPS: Every completed BOXTOP sheet is worth $5.00. If every child from Georgetown (approx 550) fills one sheet this summer, our school will earn $2,750. Many thanks to Lori Simpson and all of you who are on her team of BOX TOP counters, trimmers, and packers. This is a great program that pays off because of all of YOU! Download your form here: Summer Box Tops
COKE CAPS: Super easy. Save the caps and go online to enter collection! COKE WEBSITE (https://us.coca-cola.com/give/) Select Georgetown Elementary and enter the code on the cap. Now you can recycle the cap. No need to send it to school.
- Upcoming Dates for 5th Grade
- Information was sent home with students regarding a health lesson to be presented in PE. Please be sure to take a few minutes read over these materials.
- If you would like to visit Camp Henry while we are at camp, you are required to have a background check completed prior to May 16. Details about visiting will be explained during our May 4th meeting. Background Check Link
Math: We have begun Unit 8 which covers measurement and geometry.
Social Studies: We are wrapping up our final social studies unit, A New Nation. Test will be on Tuesday, May 10; study guides were sent home earlier in the week.
ELA: We are working on writing persuasive essays
Science: We will be finishing up the Solar System Unit with an assessment next Tuesday, May 10th.