Let us celebrate! The past two days we have reach outstanding or higher on our whole class behavior chart!!!!!! 🙂 What awesome kids are in Georgetown Room 305! 🙂
COLLECT BOX TOPS & COKE CAPS
Did you know that every BOXTOP and every COKE CAP collected earns money for our school? This summer we would like you to work hard to collect both. The money we earn will go toward a basketball hoop on our K/1 playground!
BOXTOPS: Every completed BOXTOP sheet is worth $5.00. If every child from Georgetown (approx 550) fills one sheet this summer, our school will earn $2,750. Many thanks to Lori Simpson and all of you who are on her team of BOX TOP counters, trimmers, and packers. This is a great program that pays off because of all of YOU! Download your form here: Summer Box Tops
COKE CAPS: Super easy. Save the caps and go online to enter collection! COKE WEBSITE (https://us.coca-cola.com/give/) Select Georgetown Elementary and enter the code on the cap. Now you can recycle the cap. No need to send it to school.
- Upcoming Dates for 5th Grade
- Information was sent home with students regarding a health lesson to be presented in PE. Please be sure to take a few minutes read over these materials.
- If you would like to visit Camp Henry while we are at camp, you are required to have a background check completed prior to May 16. Details about visiting will be explained during our May 4th meeting. Background Check Link
Math: We have begun Unit 8 which covers measurement and geometry.
Social Studies: We are wrapping up our final social studies unit, A New Nation. Test will be on Tuesday, May 10; study guides were sent home earlier in the week.
ELA: We are working on writing persuasive essays
Science: We will be finishing up the Solar System Unit with an assessment next Tuesday, May 10th.
- Parent meeting regarding fifth-grade camp is tonight, Wednesday, May 4 at 6:00 PM in the Georgetown Elementary multipurpose room. Chaperone meeting will follow immediately.
- Students will be taking a quiz on the vocabulary words for social studies unit 7 on Friday, May 5. Students may review using their flashcards or, if they prefer, they may practice online by clicking here or by using the link under Social Studies on the right side of this page.
- We will have a math test on Monday, January 18th. A review sheet came home on Friday.
- We will have a social studies vocabulary quiz on Friday, January 22nd. A list of the words will be sent home on Monday. They may practice the words on my blog. Social Studies Unit 4.
- Look for information coming home from P.E. teachers regarding Jump Rope for Heart and Hudsonville P.E. apparel orders.
- Reminder-When your son our daughter is using Math Facts Pro please make sure they are signing in to their account. Students should be using Math Facts Pro at home several times per week.
- Thanksgiving break will be from November 25-29.
- Georgetown Holiday program will be on the evening of December 1. Please watch the blog for further details.
- Candy cane sale from November 30-December 11
- Remaining balance for fifth grade camp and activities is due on Tuesday, December 1.
Our next writing unit involves writing an informational piece. Friday we picked out topics.We are asking that students also try to bring in a book from the public library or from home on their topic. Ideally, students should bring in a book by Thursday, November 19.
Thanks for supporting your researcher.
- On Thursday, we will be having a comfy/cozy day. Wear your comfiest, coziest jammies or comfy clothes of your choice. Hats are okay.
|Monday, Nov. 2||Tuesday, Nov. 3||Wednesday, Nov 4|