- Our Valentine’s activity for fifth grade will be a classroom activity.
- We will NOT need parent volunteers for our activity, but we will be asking for snack donations. Please follow this link to sign up for Valentine’s Day!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/login/entry/10669963268589780122
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
- We will have classroom Valentine exchanges on February 14. If your child chooses to participate, please send in a Valentine for every student in the class.
Parent chaperones are needed for fifth grade camp, which is on May 17-18.
- A form came home this past week with information about volunteering as a chaperone.
- If you’re interested in volunteering, please return the form no later than Wednesday, February 14.
- Names of interested parents will be entered into a drawing.
- All parents will be notified whether they’ve been selected on February 28.
- We are continuing Unit 5: Division with Whole Numbers and Decimals.
- We will begin a research unit in both reading and writing.
- We are finishing up our unit on Life In the Colonies. Students will have a test early this week on this unit. Study guide has been sent home.
- We continue our unit called, “Ch-Ch-Changes,” that has to do with matter.
REMEMBER Thursday, 2/8/18 is JET’s PIZZA NIGHT
Would LOVE to have our class win! Get a pizza and tell them your child is in Mrs. Walenta’s Class at Georgetown! 🙂
Our classroom is running very low on supplies. It is cold season and we only have 1 box of tissues left and very few containers of Clorox wipes. All of the kids use these supplies. If you are able….please send in donations of these supplies!!! They are badly needed! 🙂 Thank you in advance.
Our class received an outstanding from Mrs. Reagan recognizing Nathan Redder as a Georgetown student that continually follows our school motto to Be Nice, Work Hard, Learn Well!
Our class received an outstanding from Mrs. Reagan recognizing Hannah Barnum as a Georgetown student that continually follows our school motto to Be Nice, Work Hard, Learn Well!
The Georgetown Music Program is this week Thursday, December 14. The kids are excited and have been practicing very hard!
The program is at Fair Haven Church: 2900 Baldwin St. in Hudsonville.
Kindergarten through 2nd grade begins at 6:30; 3rd through 5th grade begins at 7:45. This link will take you to ALL the DETAILs you need to know for the music program.
- Please keep your child’s coats with you. Do not leave coats in the drop off room. Kids will be dismissed to parents from the performance area, which means parents need to have coats with them.
If you would like to order a DVD of the program, please fill out this paper HolidayDVDForm-1oe9scd and return it with your payment to the office no later than Monday, Dec. 18. Checks can be made payable to WCET TV. The cost is $15.