- The Goodies Factory orders and payment are due Monday, Oct. 26. Please send ONE check payable to Georgetown Elementary.
- Product must be picked up at school on Thursday, Nov. 12 between 3:00 and 5:30 PM.
- Halloween parties will be on Thursday, October 29 from 2:15-3:15. Please make sure that your costume is school appropriate (no blood or weapons).
- Parent Teacher Conferences are November 2, 3 and 4. Times were sent home on Wednesday.
- Book Fair is coming the week of conferences.
- We are planning a fifth grade movie afternoon for Friday, November 6. Please click here to fill out an electronic permission slip for your child to participate.
- Oct. 6 – final order turn in day; payment due as well.You will then write ONE check for the entire order to Georgetown Elementary.
- Oct. 29 – items will be delivered to school (pick-up between 3:00-5:15)
- Jet’s Pizza Nights are October 7 & 8
It is getting close to that time when we get to deliver all of our goodies from our 5th grade camp fundraiser. However, before we can deliver it, we have to receive it from the Goodies Factory and give it to you.
Hopefully that is where your help and expertise will come into play.
As a 5th grade, we are looking for 2-3 helpers from each class to come in on Tuesday, November 13th from 2:00 to around 5:00 to help with getting the goodies separated and dispersed to the individual students and families. You can come and go as you like, you do not need to stay the entire time. The delivery needs to be separated, double checked, and put into groups for pick-up before 3:15. Parental pick-up is 3:15-5:15.
If you would like to volunteer your time, please let your classroom teacher know and we will sign you up. Please let us know by this Sunday (Nov. 11) so we have an idea of how many volunteers we can expect.
Thanks for everything you’ve done this year.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Mr. Bialochowski and he will help answer you inquiry.
Keeping with a wonderful Hudsonville tradition, our fifth grade students are planning an overnight camping trip. Georgetown and Bauer students will be attending camp together giving students the opportunity to meet new friends before going to middle school. School camping is an experience of cooperative living that gives our children the opportunity to learn in an atmosphere unlike that of the classroom. The camping program will include 3 days and 2 nights at Camp Pinewood in Muskegon on May 22-24. The cost of camp will be $100.00 per student.
What does this mean? In order to completely pay for camp, each student needs to sell a minimum of $250.00 in product.
As we get closer to the delivery date, we will be looking for volunteers to help arrange and separate the orders to make it easier for parental pick up. More news to come about that later.
Below are some key dates and information regarding this year’s camp fundraiser. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your teacher.
- Oct. 4 Kick off Fundraiser (40% of your child’s sales goes directly to your child’s cost of camp)
- Oct. 15 Return all fundraiser orders (make one check payable to Georgetown Elementary for your child’s entire order.)
- Nov. 13 Pick-up fundraiser product (3:15-5:15)
- Feb. 28 Camp fee due
Camp Chaperones: Many chaperones are needed to make camp successful. It is premature to make decisions regarding the amount of chaperones needed at this time. One of the many components to determine the number of chaperones needed is based on the space used at Camp Pinewood. Being that information will not be available to us until after the holidays, more information on the responsibility and opportunity to volunteer as a camp chaperone will be provided by the end of January