Hello fifth grade families!
I am excited to welcome you at our open house tomorrow, Thursday, August 24 from 6:30-7:30 PM. I have been working in the classroom to prepare for our year together! 🙂 You may bring your school supplies to the open house or on the first day of school.
I can’t wait to meet you!
Dear Parents and students in Grades 1-5,
I wanted to remind you of a very important event TOMORROW evening – your back to school OPEN HOUSE at Georgetown Elementary School!
I am very excited to meet you and welcome you to school. You will be able to tour the school and your classroom, see old friends and meet new friends.
Some details about the open house:
- Enter in the front of the building.
- Bring $1.00 for a FRIDAY POPCORN DAY donation. This enables us to provide popcorn to all children in the school one Friday a month.
- Bring any paperwork that is due (immunization records, birth certificate, etc.)
- If possible, bring your child’s gym shoes and any supplies for school to leave in the room. This will save your child the backpack weight on the first day!
- If your child needs to take meds at school, complete these med forms and bring these with the medication to open house.
Finally, if you’d like to get a head start on other paperwork items, check out this blog post.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night!
We are very excited to start the new school year! Please remember to join us for one of our Open Houses this week. The schedule is as follows:
- PK Monday, August 25 @ 6:30 pm
- K Tuesday, August 26 @ 6:30 pm
- Grades 1-5 Wednesday, August 27 @ 6:30 pm
At all three open houses, we will be collecting donations for POPCORN DAYS. Each month, parent volunteers provide popcorn to all our students as a special treat. Popcorn Fridays (one per month) are FAVORITE DAYS in our building. Popcorn parents are ROCKSTARs! Your OPEN HOUSE donations allow us to offer popcorn free of charge to ALL students. Please DONATE. The container will be in the rotunda.
We would love to have more support for the many activities we offer for students and families during the year. Please show your support by completing this survey: PTC SURVEY 2014
I am looking forward to meeting all of you at our school open house next Wednesday, August 29th from 6:30- 7:30 PM! 🙂 That evening while checking out our 5th grade classroom, please take time to sign up to bring shared classroom supplies, help at classroom parties, and check that I have your updated e-mail!
Don’t forget to check the classroom supply list on my blog! It would be wonderful for the students to bring these supplies on the first day of school! 🙂
If you have not had a chance to fill out my parent survey, please take a few minutes on my blog to complete it before school begins. Reading parental input is always helpful for me to receive in site into my students!
Looking forward to a great year!