- Early release on Friday, Oct. 12.
- Information came home this week about the 5th grade activity fee. You can view the information here as well.
- Look for Goodies Factory Fundraiser materials coming home soon to help cover the 5th grade activity fee.
Reminder….The students are expected to read 100 minutes a week. As a parent please initial the log when they read at home, showing you confirm your child has read for the minutes recorded.
- SMILE! School pictures will be taken on Thursday, September 27.
- Walk-a-thon is coming up on Friday, Oct. 5. Information will be sent home with students this week.
Math: We are continuing Unit 1: Adding and Subtracting with Fractions
- In this unit, fluency with multiplication and division facts is key. Students should be practicing their math facts using Moby Max.
ELA: We are working on the first unit of building agency and independence as readers. In writing, we’re making progress on writing a memoir.
Social Studies: We are exploring the foundations of our government in Unit 1 which explores the structure of the federal, state and local governments.
*Friday, May 25th, the fifth graders will be going to Craig’s Cruisers. We will be gone from Georgetown between 10:00-2:00. Fifth graders wear your 2025 t-shirts! 🙂
* A sack lunch form for field day (June 5th..rain date June 6th) was sent home today. If your child needs a sack lunch for field day the form is due back no later than Tuesday, May 29th.
Hello parents! Hopefully, your child came back from camp exhausted and full of lots of stories of our adventures! What a wonderful couple days filled with excellent weather, activities, and laughs! I would like to shout a HUGE thank you to our chaperones who came along and helped monitor, encourage and support your children to have the best time at camp! So…THANK YOU TO:
- Mrs. Miedema
- Mrs. Palmer
- Mrs. Smit
- Mr. Banninga
- Mr. Denhof
- Mr. Impens
- Mr. Pfeffer
Your assistance with head counts, up-hill hikes, gear hauling, encouragement to kids, and your sacrifice of a sleepless night helped make this year’s camp a massive success!
Please note some important things coming up!
- Wednesday, May 23 – Social Studies Test-Study our foldable study guide
- Friday, May 25 – 5th-grade Celebration at Craig’s Cruisers! We will be away from the building from approximately 10:00-2:00 on Friday! Today, a release form came home that we need back no later than WEDNESDAY, MAY 23!
On Friday, May 25th the Georgetown 5th graders will be going to Craig’s Cruisers to celebrate the end of their elementary years. We would love to have some parent chaperones join us at Craig’s Cruisers. Please visit the link below to sign up for this fun filled event.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: parent chaperone for celebration
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Math: We are continuing working through Measurement and Geometry.
ELA: We are working on units in reading and writing on Research-Based Argument Essays.
Social Studies: Unit 7 – A New Nation
Science: We will continue to investigate the patterns and relationships between our Sun, Moon, and Earth.
- May 11 – Early Release
- May 15 – Camp plan for pick up due (Pink Half-Sheet)
- May 15 – Let your child’s teacher know if you will be visiting during the day at Camp
- May 17-18 – 5th Grade Camp
- May 25 – **Fifth grade celebration
Hello parents! Spring has finally sprung! It’s about time! I cannot believe that we are going into May next week! We have a lot of exciting things coming up, including getting ready for camp! Be mindful of an important meeting for camp coming up next week Wednesday, May 2nd at 6:00 PM in the GES multipurpose room. Aside from that excitement, we are working through more curriculum content and focusing on some more of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Students as we continue towards the end of the school year. Never a dull moment in fifth grade!
We will be starting Unit 8: Measurement and Geometry.
We are starting units in reading and writing about Research-Based, Argument Essays.
We will continue exploring the scientific phenomenon around forces and motion.
- May 2 – WEDNESDAY EVENING @ 6:00 PM! Parent information meeting for fifth-grade camp in the Georgetown Elementary multi-purpose room!
- May 10 – Jet’s Pizza Night
- May 11 – Early Release
- May 17-18 – 5th Grade Camp
April 10, 11, 12 & 17 – M-STEP testing dates for fifth grade. Please avoid scheduling appointments during the school day on these dates if at all possible.
April 13 – Early release
April 20 – Check out a offering from HHS Science Students. Free Screening. Earth Week Free Family Movie Activity: Chasing Coral
April 24 – Culver’s Fundraiser 5-8 PM (see your fifth grade teachers from 6:30-7:00)
May 2 – Parent information meeting for fifth grade camp (Georgetown Elementary multi-purpose room – 6:00 PM)
Conferences – We are looking forward to meeting with you at conferences.
March 15 – Instrument fittings….Teachers from the middle school will be coming to Georgetown; they will bring band and orchestra instruments here to have the students try them out.
School Safety Request from Mr. Cooley
- If your child is a safety, please check at home for any brightly-colored safety belts that may be around. We need those to rotate to new safeties each week. Thank you!