Hello Parents! Please check out the news and updates below! Thanks also to those of you who mailed me about helping with our Halloween Party. I will be sending out an email soon to those who have expressed interest to help with games, activities and small snacks. I am looking forward to a fun afternoon!
- Join other Georgetown families for Culver’s Fundraiser Night – Monday, Oct. 16, from 5-8!
- Fifth grade Halloween parties will be on Friday, Oct. 27 from 2:15-3:15. Watch our blog for specific details!
Fractions concepts – equivalency, comparing fractions
- Establishing reader’s and writer’s workshop.
- Home reading expectations will start on Monday; students will need parent signatures/initials on their reading logs.
The Walkathon is coming up and is our primary fundraiser for the year and will consist of two times for different grades. The event schedule for Friday, September 22nd is as follows:
- 9:45a.m. – 10:30 a.m.:, Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade
The parent club is looking for parent participation and volunteers for setup and teardown. If you are interested in helping out, look for information coming home with your child.
We will be having a social studies test over the Revolutionary War on Friday, March 25th. A review sheet came home on Wednesday to study for this test. Happy Studying!
- Upcoming Dates for 5th Grade
- On Thursday, March 31 at 2:00, fifth graders will view the reproductive health video.
- Please see email sent last week for specific details.
- If you wish to preview the videos, they will be available for parent review between March 15 and March 24. Videos must be watched at the school. If you want to review these, schedule a time with Mrs. VandenBerg, our librarian. Her email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you DO NOT want your child to view the video with the grade level gender group, contact your child’s teacher. You will need to make arrangements to pick your child up early (before 2 pm) on March 31.