Just a reminder that we have a few more donation slots to fill for our Valentine’s Day supplies. Please see the link below. Thank you in advance for donations! 🙂
We will NOT need parent volunteers for our activity, but we will be asking for snack donations. Please follow this link to sign up for Valentine’s Day!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/login/entry/10669963268589780122
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
- Be on the lookout for a note coming home with your money balance for 5th grade camp.
- We will be going to Tarry Hall for roller skating on Feb. 14th. This will be in place of our Valentines party. We will leave school at 9:00 and return about 11:30. We will be collecting money for this which will be due by Feb. 7th. A note will be coming home soon with the students with further information. Parents may meet us for no fee at the rink if they wish. However, if you wish to skate it will cost you $4.00 at the door. Let us know if you have any questions.
Math: We are finishing up or study of fractions which included comparing fractions, finding equivalent fractions, converting improper fractions to mixed numbers and vise versa, and adding and subtracting fractions/mixed numbers. The next unit we will continue our study of fractions by learning how to multiply and divide them.
ELA: Working our way through the writing process, we will continue writing our informational writing piece. The students have enjoyed studying and looking up research from non-fiction texts. We hope to be finishing our informational texts in the next few weeks. Our next ELA unit will be reading and writing using the historical fiction genre.
Social Studies: We will continue to learn about the original thirteen colonies. Starting next week the students will be put into groups and will be asked to create a skit describing an English settlement. We will then begin to review our study about the colonization and settlement to get ready for a test in the middle of February.
Science: We have really been enjoying learning about the human body systems. Currently we are studying the respiratory system and will have a test on this system the beginning of next week. Our next body system of study will be the nervous system. The students have really enjoyed learning how all of these system work together in our amazing human body!