Fun Non-academic Learning Opportunity

Hello, friends!

My family is using our time away from school, sports, and other activities to rest and enjoy the slower pace. One thing I’ve enjoyed is having time to cook and bake. I don’t know about your family, but mine is eating c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y while we’re home.  Well, I’m trying to push my family to know how to prepare a few simple meals beyond Ramen, Easy Mac, or PB&J.

I’ve seen a few free online cooking classes for kids that look like fun, so I thought I’d share them here in case you’re looking for something new or interesting to try during your time at home.

$5 Dinners School Cancellation & Kids Cooking Lessons

• They post videos on the $5 Dinners Facebook and 1:oo PM EST Monday through Friday.
  • You can also access weekly ingredient/shopping lists and each of their videos at any time using the link above.
  • These are mostly main dish options.

Delish Free Digital Cooking Classes for Kids

• They post live on the Delish Instagram page at 1:00 PM EST Monday through Friday.
  • Videos remain on Instagram for 24 hours, but if you miss the videos, you can still access the recipes and ingredient lists using the link above.
  • These include main dishes, appetizers, snacks, sweets…a little bit of everything!

Happy cooking!

Students, if you try something, send me an email to let me know what you made and how it turned out.

Love,

Mrs. Walenta