Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences
- An email was sent to parents this week regarding virtual conferences which will be held on March 8th or March 10th. Please check your inbox for an email from your child’s classroom teacher and sign up for a time slot on the link provided.
March Reading Month
- Georgetown will be celebrating reading for the month of March. We will have a school wide western theme of Saddle Up & Read! (Tied to Book Fair’s “Wild West” theme.)
- A Daily/Weekly Reading Goal calendar will be sent home with the students. As a parent you will sign the log agreeing that your child read for the 5th grade weekly goal. Goal for 5th grade is 30 minutes a day or 150 minutes per week. If they reach this goal their name will be put in a weekly drawing.
- We will have dress up days each Friday in March. The first date, Friday March 5th, will be Hats Off To Reading. Wear a hat, bandana or handkerchief!
- Book Fair
- As in the Fall, there will be a book fair for the kids to shop in person or online during conference week. Watch for more information.
Early release on March 5, 2021
- We are continuing Unit 5: Division with Whole Numbers and Decimals
- We are focusing on themes and continuing to create a literary essay about the theme found in our book club books.
- Since we’re asking students to spend a few extra minutes reading to complete the reading month calendar, we will not have our normal weekly reading homework sheet for the month of March.
- We are learning about the events that lead to the Revolutionary War.