Food items to consider are canned vegetables and fruits, pasta, rice, baked beans, black beans, kidney beans, peanut butter, tuna fish, etc. (please no ramen noodles, and please do not break apart packaged food)
The food drive will continue until Nov. 18. We will be keeping track of how many items each class brings in. The class with the most items brought in by NOON on Nov. 18 will win a P.E. C.A.R.E.S t-shirt and a bowling trip to Hudsonville Lanes. (If allowed this year)
This is a great opportunity for our students to care for their community, to teach our kids compassion and love for others. Thanks for sharing in this service project with us at Georgetown.
Did you know that every BOXTOP collected earns money for our school? This summer we would like you to work hard to collect boxtops. The money we earn will go toward a basketball hoop on our K/1 playground!
BOXTOPS: Every completed BOXTOP sheet is worth $5.00. If every child from Georgetown (approx 570) fills one sheet this summer, our school will earn $2,750. Many thanks to Lori Simpson and all of you who are on her team of BOX TOP counters, trimmers and packers. This is a great program that pays off because of all of YOU! Download your form here: Summer Box Tops
Hello, friends! 🙂
I am hoping to see all of you tomorrow! Here are a few reminders I wanted to give you:
- Any remaining 5th grade Activity Fees are due tomorrow. Please send in a check made out to Georgetown Elementary.
- Friday, Feb. 1 is an early release.
- Midwinter break is Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 4-5. Two more days of no school! Won’t it be nice to get back into our regular routine on Wednesday, Feb. 6?
- Check your email for a new game code for quizzez to review for our social studies test for unit 3.
- Please take a few minutes to check for any yellow safety belts that may be hiding out around your house. We are missing several! If you find one, please put it in your backpack to be sure that it is returned to school.
Thanks to all who donated time and items for our fun Fall Party! 🙂
Open the link below to see our class celebrating the news that we were the class that raised the most money for our school walk-a-thon! We get a limo ride and lunch at Pizza Ranch! 🙂 Great job, Mrs. Walenta’s class!
Today was the last at home reading log for this school year! 🙂
Pink camp parent pick up forms due Tuesday, May 15.
T-shirt orders for field day are due on Friday, May 18. Since we’ll be gone at camp that day, please make sure you turn in your order and payment by Wednesday, May 16.
T.E.A.M. program started this week. T.E.A.M. stands for: TEACHING, EDUCATING, AND MENTORING (T.E.A.M.) and is a school liaison program put on by the Michigan State Police. It features a school-based, “law related” curriculum, taught to by T.E.A.M. trained police officers. T.E.A.M. will take place on Wednesdays and will be led by Deputy Smith from the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Department.
- May 9 – Medication Form / Camp Waiver form Due
- May 15 – Let your child’s teacher know if you will be visiting during the day at Camp
- May 17-18 – 5th Grade Camp
REMEMBER Thursday, 2/8/18 is JET’s PIZZA NIGHT
Would LOVE to have our class win! Get a pizza and tell them your child is in Mrs. Walenta’s Class at Georgetown! 🙂